X7 6 mm Square Fluting Tool
Get into a smooth groove instantly with the X Series Fluting Tools, our newest line of clay carvers! We now have nine choices of fluting tools with blades that create a variety of convex gradients within the carved edges. These thin, stainless-steel blades flex with pressure, allowing you to control the exact depth and width of a line that each tool’s opening can accommodate. This unique design makes every line as unique as the artist who carves it.
The new X7 6 mm Square Fluting Tool creates buttery-smooth, 6-mm-wide lines with convex sidewalls and square valleys and endpoints. Whether pulling a straight or curved line through your ceramic piece, this fluting tool will respond to your hand’s pressure and remove material with precision.
True to our other clay carvers, the pencil-like handle and soft grip make it easy to use for longer periods without fatigue. As a bonus, the X Series Fluting Tools come with a replacement blade, should the delicate tip ever become damaged.
- Flexible fluting tool with 6 mm-diameter, square valley
- Designed to create smooth, square-shaped grooves with clean edges
- At maximum pressure, the blade will not go deeper
- Hardwood pencil carver; 5.5-inch (140 mm) pencil-type handle
- Blades are stainless steel and never need sharpening
- Can carve leather-hard clay
- Each X series tool comes with an extra blade
- Spare blade sets are available for purchase
- Wood grain may vary
- Carving deep or shallow lines
- Also good for carving luminaries or working with wax, soap and food
- Stainless-steel blade never dulls and leaves little to no burrs or debris
- Carve faster and deeper while blade resists breaking and rusting
- Sharp blade increases efficiency and reduces fatigue