Diamond Core Tools X6 12mm VU Fluting Tool
Get into a smooth groove instantly with the X Series Fluting Tools, our newest line of clay carvers! We’ve designed six new fluting tools with blades that create a variety of convex gradients within the carved edges. These thin, stainless-steel blades flex with pressure, allowing you to control the exact depth and width of a line that each tool’s opening can accommodate. This unique design makes every line as unique as the artist who carves it.
The new X6 12 mm VU Fluting Tool creates buttery-smooth, 12-mm-wide lines with convex sidewalls and curved V-shaped valleys and endpoints. Whether pulling a straight or curved line through your ceramic piece, this fluting tool will respond to your hand’s pressure and remove material with precision.
True to our other clay carvers, the pencil-like handle and soft grip make it easy to use for longer periods without fatigue. As a bonus, the X Series Fluting Tools come with a replacement blade, should the delicate tip ever become damaged.
- Flexible fluting tool with 12 mm-diameter, curved V-shaped opening
- Designed to create smooth, curved V-shaped grooves with clean edges
- At maximum pressure, the blade will not go deeper
- Hardwood pencil carver; 5.5-inch (140 mm) pencil-type handle
- Blades are stainless steel and never need sharpening
- Can carve leather-hard clay
- Each X series tool comes with an extra blade
- Spare blade sets are available for purchase
- Wood grain may vary
- Carving deep or shallow
- Carving clay (in the “beak down” position)
- Sgraffito (in the “beak up” position)
- Mishima, sculpting, scraping and more
- Stainless-steel blade never dulls and leaves little to no burrs or debris
- Carve faster and deeper while blade resists breaking and rusting
- Sharp blade increases efficiency and reduces fatigue